Enter your arrival date:
Park pass prices
From 1 April 2016 Kakadu has a new seasonal pricing structure, with lower prices during our tropical summer from November to March.
100% of park revenue is invested directly back into the park. This helps provide the visitor services and facilities you enjoy, and preservation of the World Heritage-listed environment and culture. It also includes payments to the traditional owners, supporting their homelands, education and training, and business development.
School groups and media famil tours can apply for a fee exemption.Find out about group exemptions
Where to buy your pass
You can also buy your pass in the park, in Darwin, Annaburroo, Pine Creek or Emungalan.
You can buy a park pass at the following locations:
- Britz Darwin, 17 Bombing Rd, Winnellie Darwin
- Youthshack Hostel, 69 Mitchell St, Darwin
- Self Drive Shop, 440 Stuart Hwy, Winnellie, Darwin
- Bowali Visitor Centre - Kakadu National Park, Kakadu Highway, Jabiru
- Two Rivers Newsagency, Jabiru Shopping Plaza, Jabiru
- Cooinda Lodge, Kakadu Highway, Cooinda
- Aurora Kakadu, Arnhem Highway, South Alligator
- Bark Hut Inn, Arnhem Highway, Annaburroo
- Lazy Lizard Caravan Park, 299 Millar Terrace, Pine Creek
- Pine Creek Railway Resort, 1 Railway Terrace Pine Creek
- Corroboree Park Tavern, Arnhem Highway, Emungalan
- Katherine Visitor Centre, Stuart Highway & Lindsay Street, Katherine
- Mary River Roadhouse, Kakadu Highway, Burrundie
- Mary River Wilderness Retreat, Arnhem Highway, Humpty Doo
There are a number of different permits that may be required depending on the reason for your visit. If you are conducting research, filming, bushwalk overnight or camping outside designated areas, you may need an additional permit.
Do you want to bushwalk overnight, or camp outside designated campsites? Contact us for a permit.
Are you planning to take photos for a commercial purpose (eg to sell or to promote your business)? You’ll need a photography permit (but feel free to take as many personal happy snaps as you like!).
Are you conducting research? Contact us for a research permit.